New Englands Notable Performances
Player of the Week – Carson Desrosiers
First, Desrosiers led Central Catholic to the Comcast Tournament championship earning MVP honors in the process by picking up 29 points, 14 rebounds, and 6 blocked shots in the championship game. A few days later, he picked up a triple-double in a 62-47 win over St. John’s Prep with 22 points, 19 rebounds, and 10 blocked shots.
• Kyle Stockmal, Watertown, became the school’s all time leading scorer with 25 points against Central Catholic
• Allen Harris, Catholic Memorial, 32 points & 10 rebounds in 79-67 win over East Boston
• Ryan Romich, Groton-Dunstable, 21 points & 25 rebounds against Marlborough and 17 points & 15 rebounds over Nashoba
• Kostadin Marshavelski, Wilbraham & Monson, scored 30 points in triple OT loss to Suffield Academy
• Jonny Reindollar, Belmont Hill, scored 28, 20, & 20 in three wins last week
• Shabazz Napier & Denzel Brito, Lawrence Academy, had 24 & 22 respectively in 71-46 win over East Boston. Brito scored 20 more a few days later against St. Sebastian’s including the 1000th of his career.
• Andre King, Sabis, 30 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists in 88-38 win over Southwick
• Robbie Jones, Chicopee, set two new career highs scoring 25 against Putnam, then 27 against Minnechaug
Player of the Week – Grant White, Springfield High School
White scored a game high 35 points in Springfield’s 56-42 win over Bellows Falls, including four three-pointers. In the process, the 6’3” swingman became the school’s all-time leading scorer.
• John Donnelly & Jake Donnelly, CVU, combined for 37 points & 20 rebounds in 76-64 win over Essex
• Adam Gameline, Colchester, 21 points & 10 blocks against North Country
• Joe OShea, Burlington, 22 points including one handed break-away dunk to seal Burlington’s perfect 20-0 season with 78-39 win over South Burlington
• Nick Swim, BFA, 24 points in 70-52 win over Enosburg
• Logan Williams, Vergennes, 27 points including 6 three-pointers against Middlebury
• Adam Boyle, Brattleboro, 16 points & 15 rebounds in 67-65 OT win over Hartford
• Nick Meunier & Jon Goldberg, Rice, 20 points a piece 79-54 win over Mount Mansfield. Meunier had the 1000th of his career.
• Jaren Scrubb, Stowe, career high 22 points in first round playoff win over Poultney
Player of the Week – Stepfan Holley, Capitol Prep
The senior led Capitol to their best win of the season as he scored 34 points in a 72-57 win over East Catholic. In the process, Holley topped the 2000th point plateau for his career.
• Xavier Pollard & Anthony Simmons, Suffield Academy, Pollard scored 37 including a buzzer beater at the end of regulation to force overtime and Simmons had 25 in a triple OT win over Wilbraham & Monson. The duo scored 19 of Suffield’s 21 points in the OTs.
• Greg Langston & Oscar Assie, St. Joseph’s, Langston had 35 points and 6 three-pointers while Assie had 20 points & 12 rebounds in a 83-59 win over Greenwich
• Luke Matarazzo, Choate, 25 points & 8 assists in 76-63 win over Avon Old Farms & 21 points against Salisbury
• TaQuan Zimmerman, Holy Cross, 22 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds in 87-71 win over Torrington
• Jakarri McCallop, East Hartford, 26 points & 8 rebounds in 64-55 win over Simsbury
• Heyden Palozaj, Stafford, 39 points in 69-46 win over Granby
• Andre Drummond, Capitol Prep, 26 points & 18 rebounds in 102-70 win over Windham
• Will Tye, Xavier, 22 points, 11 rebounds, & 5 assists in 89-62 win over Sheehan and 19 points & 10 rebounds in 66-61 win over Wilbur Cross
• Dan Mills & Aziz Dieng, Pomfret School, 22 points & 19 rebounds for Mills and 19 points & 5 rebounds for Dieng in 68-66 over Putnam Science Academy
Player of the Week – James Morse, Thornton Academy
Thornton Academy scored a huge upset on Wednesday night as they defeated #1 Cheverus in the regional semi-finals of the state tournament. TA’s steady point guard James Morse was right in the middle of their success as usual. Morse scored 11 fourth quarter points, and finished with 22 on the game, to help solidify the decision.
• Chris Davis, Rockland, 19 points in 57-39 win over Presque Isle in class B regional semi-finals
• Thomas Knight, Dirigo, 27 points in regional quarter-final win over Waynflete
• Dominic Borrelli, Westbrook, overcame a bout of the flu to score 22 points against Windham in regional quarter-finals
• Koang Thok, Portland, had 19 points in quarter-final win over South Portland and 17 over Westbrook in semi’s
• Stefano Mancini, Falmouth, 25 points including 3 three-pointers in win over Lincoln Academy in quarter-finals
• Ben Russell, Mt. Blue, 25 points in quarter-finals win over Morse
Player of the Week – John Mulvey, Portsmouth High School
He scored 31 points on 12 of 24 shooting from the floor in an 81-77 win over Hanover. The performance made him the school’s all-time leading scorer with 1168 career points, breaking a record that was set 24 years ago.
• Taevaunn Prince & Mike Stys, Proctor Academy, Prince scored a game high 34 points, including 21 after halftime, in a 99-91 OT win over Northfield Mount Hermon. Stys went the length of the court and hit a three-pointer at the buzzer to send the game into OT
• Cam Sutton, Kimball Union Academy, scored 32 points against Hebron on Friday, then topped the 1000 point plateau against Proctor on Wednesday
• Brendan Donnelly, Nashua South, 13 points, 16 rebounds, 8 blocks, & 4 assists in 49-44 victory over Alvirne
• Jasmin Handanovic & Mike O’Laughlin, Milford HS, both scored career highs in 79-72 win over John Stark. Handanovic had 32 points (and 13 rebounds) and O’Laughlin 25.
• Jared Gillis, Winnacunnet, 22 points (12 in 4th quarter & OT), 8 rebounds, & 6 steals in 55-54 double OT win over Manchester Central
• Mark MacGregor, Spaulding, 26 points against Pinkerton Academy
• Zach Mathieu & Beau Cassidy, Pinkerton Academy, 28 & 23 points respectively in 86-76 win over Dover
• Jason Chevrefils, Manchester Memorial, 25 points in 67-44 win over Dover
• Besfort Syla, Manchester West, 30 points in loss to Exeter
• Tarik Smith, St. Paul’s, 23 points in 57-39 win over St. George’s
Co-Players of the Week – Ashton Watkins & Levon Waite, Classical High School
The inside out duo led Classical to their latest blow out win over division II competition as they defeated Pilgrim 74-47. Watkins had 20 points & 22 rebounds while Waite scored 23 points of his own while handing out 6 assists and picking up 3 steals.
• Jay Jeanotte, Narragansett, 26 points including game clinching FT’s in 59-55 win over East Greenwich
• Pucci Angell, La Salle, 20 points in limited time including the 1000th of his career in 81-48 win over South Kingstown
• Nick Jean-Giles, Fatima, 33 points including late game heroics against Burrillville
• Matt Chiccarelli, North Smithfield, 30 points & 24 rebounds in 70-65 win over Juanita Sanchez
• Nick Sienkiewicz, Providence Country Day, 24 points including 10-10 FT’s in 48-43 win over Hydge
• Brendan Kenny, Narragansett, 33 points against Coventry
• Kevin Cabrera, Cranston East, 29 points & 4 three-pointers in 79-52 win over Woonsocket
• Ethan Smith, Cranston West, 28 points & 3 three-pointers in 70-34 win over Cumberland
• Tyler Radicioni, Chariho, 27 points on 9 three-pointers against Mount Pleasant