Offers Rolling In
The second and final weekend of the April evaluation period has brought a rush of new scholarship offers for local prospects in recent days. Here’s a rundown:
- Wilbraham & Monson and Mass Rivals forward Wenyen Gabriel is blowing up this week after adding offers from UConn and Maryland following his performance at the Adidas Gauntlet in Indianapolis. Rhode Islad offered last week while Boston College and Providence, who had both already previously offered, followed Gabriel throughout the weekend as well.
- Worcester Academy and BABC big man Kevin Marfo has been collecting offers in recent days. St. Joseph’s became the first Atlantic 10 school to offer on Monday while George Washington and LaSalle followed suit on Tuesday. He’s also added Lehigh, Wofford, Hofstra, Chattanooga and Northeastern this week while DePaul came calling Wednesday morning.
- Auburn became the latest high-major program to offer Vermont Academy and Expressions power forward Tyrique Jones this week. Temple and Florida State offered after the first session of the EYBL.
- Jones’ Vermont Academy teammate, Bruce Brown, picked up his latest high-major offer from St. John’s this weekend in the midst of a 29 point performance for BABC on Saturday morning at the EYBL in Lexington.
- New Hampton center Jimbo Lull, who has put together back-to-back impressive weekends for the New England Playaz, added new scholarship offers from George Washington and New Hampton this week.
- Canterbury junior Shawn Montague, who runs with Sports U on the UAA circuit, continues to add new offers with Manhattan and Chattanooga the latest to come calling. They join Robert Morris, Canisius and Seton Hall who all offered after week one of the UAA.
- Montague’s Canterbury teammate, unsigned senior Branden Aughburns, will visit Hampton this weekend after picking up a new offer from the division I program earlier this week. Aughburns has been running with the NY Rens on the Adidas Gauntlet circuit.
- The DC Blue Devils backcourt of Caleb Green and Geo Baker both added an offer from Fairfield this week. New Hampshire offered the duo last week while Green, who stars at Proctor Academy, held a previous offer from Stony Brook and Baker, who leads Pinkerton Academy, started with an offer from Central Connecticut earlier this month. The Blue Devils participated in both Hoop Group Jam Fest events this month.
- South Kent and PSA Cardinals swingman Travis Atson added scholarship offers from Vermont and Hofstra on Tuesday, after earning an offer from DePaul following the first session of the EYBL.
- Master’s swingman Elijah Pemberton, who runs with the New York Lightning in the EYBL, added an offer from William & Mary on Tuesday. Iona offered earlier this month.
- New Hampton and Expressions point guard Donovan love added another offer on Tuesday when East Carolina came calling. The Pirates join Chattanooga, who offered last week.
- Providence offered the PSA Cardinals 2017 frontcourt of Samuel Japhet-Mathias and Hassahn French. The Vermont Academy big man had already held offers from UConn, Georgetown, Providence and Clemson while the Friars join Seton Hall and VCU in offering the Commonwealth Academy forward this month.