College students are back on campus, the weather is still warm and that means it's the busiest time of the year for official visits. New England is no exception as several of the region's top rising seniors will be on the move this weekend. Here's a rundown of where the weekend's visitors will be:
- Brewster Academy and Mass Rivals point guard Makai Ashton-Langford is spending the weekend on UConn's campus along with his former AAU teammate, Jalen Adams, as the Huskies star sophomore guard is playing host. Ashton-Langford took an unofficial visit to Providence earlier in the week and after previously trimming his list to those two local schools, a decision might not be far away.
- St. Andrew's School graduate and incoming Tilton School post-graduate Terrell Brown is taking his second official visit in as many weeks. After seeing Purdue last week, Brown is headed to Pittsburgh this weekend. The 6-foot-10 big man is coming off a revitalization of sorts this summer with a terrific EYBL season for the BABC.
- Pittsburgh is also hosting Vermont Academy swingman Christian David for an official visit this weekend as first year head coach Kevin Stallings is making it clear that New England will be a key part of his recruiting plan. David is scheduled to visit Oregon next week and is also considering Butler, Creighton and Miami among his final five schools.
- Brown and Matthews aren't the only local products in the Pittsburgh area this weekend as Proctor Academy and D.C. Blue Devils swingman Tshiefu Ngalakulondi is on Duquesne's campus. The Atlantic 10 school is the first to host Ngalakulondi for an official visit this fall after he collected a plethora of mid-major offers over the spring and summer.
- Vermont Academy and BABC big man Marcus Santos Silva is on Temple's campus for an official visit. Santos-Silva was one of the biggest stock risers in all of New England during the recent travel season and ended up earning scholarship offers from the likes of Boston College, DePaul and Kansas State along with several A10 schools.
- Two more Vermont Academy products are on the move this weekend as well as Kendrick Gray and Bailey Patella both began trips on Thursday to Youngstown State and Jacksonville respectively. Patella also starred with BABC this summer while Gray was one of the leaders of Metro Boston's team.