Week 1 Recruiting Updates
Yesterday we broke down the teams that stood out during the first week of the July evaluation period, and today we are going to shift our focus to the individual players that earend new offers.
- BABC big man Dimon Carrigan put up some huge numbers at the Peach Jam, not just blocking shots but also rebounding the ball, and walked away with offers from Syracuse, Clemson, and Coppin State along with strong interest from Texas. Carrigan's backcourt running mate Jakigh Dottin also added an offer from Coppin State.
- Vermont Academy forward Simisola Shittu, who was one of the biggest stars of the Peach Jam, added new offers from Arizona and Gonzaga to his already long list.
- The WrightWay Skills squad picked up a bunch of offers while in Georgia last week for the Nike P.I.T. Here's the complete rundown: Oklahoma offered 2019 big man Charles Coleman; UMass offered Coleman and 2019 point guard Noah Kamba; Kansas State offered Kamba and fellow rising junior Jordan Mason; and Hartford offered Mason along with rising seniors Tayler Mattos and Nate Hobbs.
- The New England Playaz also racked in offers from the bunches. Here's their rundown: Nate Laszewski added an offer from Vanderbilt; Chris Doherty was offered by Manhattan, Florida Gulf Coast, Wagner, Hofstra, and UNC Wilmington; Tyrese Williams was offered by St. Bonaventure; Ethan Wright by Delaware and Wofford; and Kai Toews from UNC Wilmington.
- Metro Boston players have been racking up offers as well. Nick Timberlake was offered by Niagara, Hartford, and Boston University. Jarred Houston holds an offer from UMass Lowell and Jayden DePina added an offer from Fairfield.
- Middlesex Magic point guard Thomas Shaughnessy continued to add to his list of division I offers as Boston University became the latest school to extend an invitation. Justin Connolly, has a collection of his own, with Pace becoming the latest Division II school to offer him a scholarship.
- Connecticut Basketball Club's rising junior forward Jaiden Delaire has continued to see his stock rise with Stanford becoming the latest high-major program to offer him a scholarshiop. CBC rising senior guard Calvin Whipple also added his most recent offer from Navy.
- Brewster Academy forward Nate Roberts, who runs with Team Melo, added an offer from Wake Forest.
- Mass Rivals Select rising junior and incoming Cheshire Academy forward Jamaal Waters earned his first D1 offer from the University of San Francisco at the Adidas Elite 8 in Massachusetts.
- South Kent forward Malachi de Sousa, who is running with New York's Castle Athletics, has added offers from Robert Morris, Wagner, and Albany in the last week.
- Stamford Peace big man Cantavio Dutreil earned his first D1 scholarship offer from St. Francis University in Pennsylvania after starring in both Pennsylvania and Springfield.
- Mass Elite guard Chris Matthews picked up his first two offers from Pace and Post. Head coaches from both schools watched Matthews earlier this month at the Elite 75 and continued to follow him at BasketBull before extending the invitation.
- Project Triple Threat guard Tyler Thomas earned his first offer at the Hoop Group Elite Camp when Post extended the offer.
- The D.C. Blue Devils had a trio of players who earned D2 scholarship offers this week after taking the championship in Springfield. Kevin Fernandez earned an offer from Long Island University Post while Ronnie Silva earned his first offer from Daemen College. Ben Eckstrom was also offered by Pace.