This Week’s Recruiting Updates
The recruiting period ended on Sunday and the offers have flowed in for a variety of local players since.
As we always caution, offers are not at all concrete, but nonetheless we still want to recognize those players that stood out last week and have seen their recruitment change in the days since.
St. Paul's School and Mass Rivals wing Jordan Geronimo has seen his recruitment change more than any other rising senior in New England as he pushed his recruitment to the high-major level and added 10 new offers from Providence, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, Penn State, Utah, VCU, Illinois State, Charlotte, Yale, and Penn.
In the class of 2021, Suffield Academy and PSA Cardinals big man Mac Etienne saw his stock jump with offers from Syracuse, Pittsburgh, and St. John's.
Here's a rundown of the other offers we've seen over the last week:
- The BABC tandem of Shy Odom (Beaver Country Day) and Dasonte Bowen (Worcester Academy) added an offer from Georgetown;
- Mount St. Mary's and Eastern Kentucky offered NMH and NY Jayhawks forward Ben Callahan-Gold;
- Also from the NY Jayhawks, St. Thomas More forward Jared Garcia added an offer from St. Bonaventure;
- Rhode Island Elite and incoming Lee Academy guard Aidan Carpenter continued to expand his recruitment with UAB and Quinnipiac becoming the latest to offer;
- Holy Cross and Canisius both offered the Middlesex Magic tandom of Tyler Kolek (St. George's) and Sam Thomson (Brooks) following their run to their latest HGSL championship;
- Also from the Magic, Needham High School guard Will Dorion added new offers from Stonehill and Holy Family;
- St. Bonaventure and Northeastern became the latest programs to offer Mass Rivals and Whitinsville Christian big man Justin Vander Baan;
- WrightWay Skills and Brooks School forward Myles Foster added offers from Rider and FDU;
- Fellow WrightWay Skills forward Matt McCool, a rising junior at Souhegan High School, added an offer from Canisius;
- Towson became the latest program to offer New York Lightning and Bunnell wing Max Edwards;
- Dan Braster, a wing from New York Lightning Select, picked up his first division I offer from Bryant;
- Also from the Rivals, Rivers 2021 forward Camaron Tongue added his first high-major offer from Utah while fellow rising junior Casey Simmons added an offer from Old Dominion;
- California offered PSA Cardinals and Brewster Academy guard Jamal Mashburn Jr., who caught fire with his jumper last week at the Peach Jam;
- Fellow PSA Cardinals rising senior Mekhi Gray, who starred for South Kent last year, added offers from NJIT and Siena;
- New England Rivals and Beaver Country Day wing Anthony Morales added an offer from Boston University;
- Dominican and the College of Staten Island offered Rise Above and Catholic Memorial guard Spencer Aronson;
- A handful of incoming New England prep products also added offers including Sacred Heart and Boston University for new Canterbury big man Michael Graham and Vermont and Yale respectively for the incoming Vermont Academy tandem of C.J. Jones and Chisom Okpara.