The first weekend of the live period inevitably brings a rush of new scholarship offers and recruiting interest. Here's a rundown of the headlines:
- VCU and Seton Hall both offered the Putnam Science & NY Jayhawks tandem of Hamidou Diallo and Mamadou Diarra on Friday. Diarra, the 2016 big man, also added Dayton and St. John's before the weekend was out. Chris Mullin had offered Diallo a week earlier only days after accepting St. John's head coaching position. On Tuesday, St. Joseph's became the latest school to offer Diarra.
- Georgetown became the latest school to offer BABC and Vermont Academy guard Bruce Brown who stuffed the stat sheet all weekend long at session I of the EYBL, while Larry Brown and SMU became the latest to jump on board on Tuesday.
- Wenyen Gabriel added an offer from Rice on Monday after leading the Mass Rivals to an undefeated 4-0 record during the first session of the Adidas Uprising Gauntlet circuit.
- Brown's Vermont Academy teammate, Tyrique Jones, who also stars for Expressions, scored his latest high-major offer from Florida State this weekend and then picked up an offer from Temple on Tuesday.
- Villanova became the latest program to offer Expressions and Rivers sophomore forward Jermaine Samuels after watching him on Sunday morning in Virginia.
- Commonwealth Academy announced that sophomore point guard Derrick Ellis landed an offer from Manhattan after his weekend at the Nike Invitational with Expressions' 16u squad.
- Commonwealth Academy sophomore forward Hassahn French landed his first high-major offer as Seton Hall came calling on Sunday after his showing at the Nike Invitational with the PSA Cardinals. UMass and VCU both offered French on Tuesday.
- Seton Hall also offered Canterbury junior swingman Shawn Montague on Friday night, becoming not only the first high-major school to offer, but also the first division I school.
- Master's junior Elijah Pemberton added an offer from Iona this weekend after his weekend in Virginia with the New York Lightning.