Look Whos Visiting
With the July live period having come and gone and college coaches having set their sites on their first round of targets, August is a big month for unofficial visits.
Last week we saw Dominique Langston and Corey Wright Jr. both make verbal commitments following unofficial visits to Quinnipiac and Long Island University respectively.
Here’s a look at what we’re hearing in terms of some other visits that have taken place or are scheduled for the near future:
• Fresh off a successful summer with the New England Playaz, Denzel Brito traveled north to the University of New Hampshire earlier this week.
• Rod Odom has lined up three Big East visits according to SNY’s Adam Zagoria. The Middlesex School star will check out West Virginia this Sunday, travel to UConn on September 3rd, and Louisville on the 5th.
• We caught up with Billy Baron on Thursday morning and he was in the car on his way to Rutgers. The incoming Worcester Academy guard reported an offer from the Scarlet Knights as well as Seton Hall.
• Mike Carter-Williams has a busy couple of weeks ahead of him. He’ll check out Villanova and Virginia this week, along with a possible stop at Pittsburgh, and then see Providence and Boston College next weekend according to St. Andrew’s head coach Mike Hart.
• Hart also tells us that Ricardo Ledo has already been to Providence and Boston College, as well as Connecticut and a trip to Gainesville for Florida’s Elite Camp.
• Metro Boston director Mo Vasquez gave us the scoop on Shabazz Napier who has already visited Providence and UMass and has upcoming trips scheduled to three Big East schools in St. John’s, Rutgers, and Villanova.
• Vasquez also tells us that Ike Azotam was planning to check out Boston University this week and had already been to Northeastern.
• Marcus Grant is scheduled to take an unofficial visit to Lafayette in September with a trip to Holy Cross along with Demitry Coronell also being a possibility.
• Allen Harris is still working out the exact details but is expected to be on Central Connecticut’s campus in the near future.
• Another Metro Boston product, Mario Monroe, will take two unofficials in September with one of them definitely being to Robert Morris.
• Steven Glowiak has already been to St. Anselm’s, Bentley, Bryant, and Sacred Heart and is hoping to schedule a trip to New Hampshire in the coming weeks according to his brother and AAU coach Brian Glowiak.
• Glowiak’s CBC teammate Chris Evans will also be on the UNH campus in the next couple of weeks and has already been to Sacred Heart and Central Connecticut.
• Denzel Jones also got a look at Central Connecticut where playing both football and basketball may be a possibility.
• We’ve heard reports that Brandon Sherrod may have visited Stonehill earlier this week.
• Laurent Rivard took a trip to the University of Vermont this past Wednesday and then split Friday between Holy Cross and Northeastern with a trip to Brown scheduled for Saturday according to his Expressions Elite coach Jason Elliott. He’ll also be heading to Davidson, Bucknell, and Elon.
• We’re also told that Ryan Romich will visit Iona and Colgate this month.
• NMH head coach John Carroll tells us that Joe Sharkey has been to Holy Cross, Brown, and Columbia so far this month.
• California native Hector Harold got a look at Pepperdine before returning to the east coast for his final season of prep school while Matt Goode visited New Mexico State where he is considering walking on.
• Chris Fitzgerald has visited, or will visit in the near future, both Brown and Cornell while incoming NMH star Aaron Cosby has trips to Pittsburgh and Indiana on tap.