The recruiting headlines have been fast and furious in the three days since the July evaluation period has come to an end and Wednesday was no different with a variety of new offers coming in for a number of local prospects.
Here’s a look at some of the latest stories which have been reported in the last 24 hours:
• Kimball Union Academy 2014 forward Abdul-Malik Abu added a scholarship offer from Louisville, although it isn’t yet clear if this will impact his previous top ten list which did not include the reigning national champions;
• Incoming New Hampton 2015 forward Tyler Lydon added Florida, Clemson, and Virginia to his collection of high-major scholarship offers which also includes Boston College, Iowa Seton Hall, Providence, Virginia Tech, Minnesota, and Iowa State;
• Northfield Mount Hermon 2015 big man Josh Sharma added offers from Maryland and Davidson after being offered by UConn over the weekend. He’s scheduled to visit Stanford later this week before attending Adidas Nations in Los Angeles this weekend;
• Putnam Science Academy big man Chaise Daniels added offers from Charlotte and UNC-Greensboro. They join UMass, Duquesne, Drexel, Fairfield, and Quinnipiac, who have all offered the Hillhouse alum;
• Wilbraham & Monson 2015 swingman Curtis Cobb added a scholarship offer from LaSalle only days after he picked up his first two high-major offers, from UConn and Providence, during his performance in Las Vegas;
• New Hampton big man Tory Miller added his latest offer from VCU after picking up Colorado, Arizona State, and California earlier this week. Miller spent the summer back at home in Missouri starring for Kansas City Pump n’Run.
• Canterbury School 2015 swingman Donovan Mitchell missed this summer while recovering from a broken wrist but that didn’t stop Fordham from becoming the latest school to offer him a scholarship on Wednesday;
• After generating interest from close to a dozen division I schools over the last three months, Brimmer & May guard Sammy Mojica finally landed his first full division I offer on Wednesday from Drexel University;
• Incoming Putnam Science Academy forward Jalen Terry also landed his first D1 offer from Tennessee Tech. Terry is an Alaskan native who was first introduced to our region through his Ballas TV highlight video before arriving this summer;
• Prout School incoming freshman Tomas Murphy added an offer from Florida. The Gators join Boston College, Maryland, Providence, and Rhode Island despite the fact that Murphy is yet to play in his first high school game.