This Week’s Recruiting in Review
It's been another busy week of recruiting headlines in New England. Here's a look back at some of the developments over the course of the last seven days:
- Lee Academy post-graduate forward Nedeljko Prijovic committed to Texas State on Tuesday. Prijovic is a long and athletic forward in his second year at Lee Academy who has made drastic strides in his game since last season.
- Vermont Academy guard Bruce Brown took his second official visit last weekend to Xavier, following a trip to Indiana the week prior. He leaves for Miami this weekend and is now scheduled to see Purdue the weekend after.
- Fellow Vermont Academy product, junior Christian David, was visited by West Virginia and Florida head coach Michael White this week. The Canadian native has seen his stock explode in the last two months since arriving in the NEPSAC.
- White was also at Brewster Academy on Wednesday to see Alpha Diallo, a swingman who has blown up in recent weeks with offers from Florida and Indiana among others.
- Sedee Keita's second stint in New England was a short-lived one as he has returned to 22 Feet Academy in South Carolina this week. However, Putnam Science replaced Keita with junior big man Darnell Brodie, who added an offer from Quinnipiac this week.
- A trio of Metro Boston products earned their first division I offers following big performances at ZG's NE Hoops Festival as Stony Brook offered Loomis Chaffee big man Nelson Boachie-Yiadom and the backcourt tandem of Shemar Moore & Jayden DePina.
- Brown hosted a number of local prep products in the 2017 class including the NMH duo of Matt DeWolf and Matt Donahue along with WMA's junior guard Miles Lester.
- Fellow NMH junior Tomas Murphy visited Boston College unofficially last weekend while Andrew Platek scored an offer from Rutgers while on an unofficial visit of his own. Sophomore Nate Laszewski landed an early offer from Providence on Wednesday.
- Cushing Academy junior forward Jarrod Simmons picked up his latest offer last weekend as well while taking an unofficial visit to Duquesne, near his hometown in Pittsburgh.
- Commonwealth Academy post-graduate point guard Jon Garcia earned his first scholarship offer this week from division II Dominican while fellow post-graduate Spencer Foley begins his official visit to Canisius today. West Virginia was in for junior forward Hasahn French this week as well.
- New Hampton center Jimbo Lull took an unofficial visit to George Washington last week and also has an official visit to San Francisco scheduled for early next month.
- Proctor Academy junior guard Geo Baker added his latest division I offer from American on Thursday as his stock continues to explode coming off his huge summer.
- Rhode Island hosted their Midnight Madness type festivities on Wednesday night and hosted Expressions' underclassmen Preston Santos, Tommy ONeil, Dana Tate and Daman Tate along with Avon Old Farms post-graduates Rocket Henderson and Isaiah Nichols.
- Sacred Heart hosted a variety of prospects for their Midnight Madness celebration last weekend as well including Jakigh Dottin, Patrick Harding, John Kelly, Rich Kelly, Mike McGuirl, Jalanni White and Jarrod Simmons among others.