Recruiting News & Notes
Every week ESPN.com releases a list of recruiting news and notes that have happened within the last seven days within the northeast region. Last week’s report featured several items relating to New England prospects. Here is a look at some of those headlines:
• Brewster Academy 2014 guard Jared Terrell was offered a scholarship by Xavier last week, according to Expressions Elite coach Tyron Boswell. The offer comes just days after it was announced that Xavier would be one of three schools joining the new Big East Conference.
• Abdul-Malik Abu, Terrell’s teammate with Expressions Elite, received his latest scholarship offer from St. John’s last week. St. John’s offer comes less than two weeks after Abu picked up an offer from Florida.
• St. Thomas More post-graduate guard Duane Notice took an official visit to South Carolina last week. The Gamecocks have also expressed recent interest in Brewster Academy’s unsigned point guard Martez Harrison.
• Only a few days after being named NEPSAC Class B Co-Player of the Year, Canterbury’s 2015 guard Donovan Mitchell reportedly received a scholarship offer from the University of Connecticut.
• Vermont Academy swingman Rich Williams de-committed from Hofstra on Wednesday. Two days later, Pride head coach Mo Cassara was relieved of his duties, leaving three other New England recruits in a state of flux. St. Thomas More’s trio of Gabe Levin, Marquis Moore, and Amadi Udenyi had all given Cassara verbal commitments within recent months. With former UMass and UConn assistant coach Patrick Sellers staying on as the interim head coach, the Pride will certainly hope to retain those commitments, although none are technically binding without a National Letter of Intent.