On Tuesday night, ESPN.com reported that Kevin Zabo was returning to the New England prep schools by leaving Montrose Christian and heading to Brewster Academy. Zabo is just one of several players heading the prep school route, but as always, not everyone who says they’re “prepping” actually has a guaranteed spot at prep school. Here’s the list of prep school commitments we’ve been able to confirm for the 2012-2013 school year:
• New Hampton School is bringing in a pair of local New Hampshire products. Bedford’s Trevor Glassman will do a post-graduate year while Dover High School’s Mike Leblanc will repeat his junior year and become a member of the class of 2014. The Huskies also have a commitment from Travis Jorgenson, a six-foot point guard from Missouri who is already committed to the University of Missouri in the class of 2013.
• Northfield Mount Hermon has a host of local products on board. Trinity (NH) High School’s Ian Sistare will be repeating his freshman season and joining the class of 2016 while Bedford (NH) big man Collin McManus and Lexington (MA) forward Josh Sharma will be repeating their sophomore seasons and joining the classes of 2015, where they will join Rectory graduate Daquon Ervin. Greenwich (CT) big man Sem Kroon will be repeating his junior year and joining the class of 2014 while ESPN 100 product Zena Edosomwan will do a post-graduate year before attending Harvard.
• St. Thomas More will be adding guard Cane Broome, who will be transferring in from East Hartford High School and reclassifying to the class of 2014.
• Bridgton Academy will be adding Portsmouth (NH) High School guard Kamahl Walker as a post-graduate on next year’s team.
• Tilton will add Hillside swingman Terrence Mann, who will remain in the class of 2015, along with Bishop Hendricken transfer Lee Messier, who will repeat his junior year and reclassify back to 2014. Putnam Science point guard Jonathan Joseph also recently tweeted that he’ll be coming on board while Jamesville-Dewitt (NY) guard Pete Drescher will join the team as a post-graduate.
• Wilbraham & Monson has a talented perimeter tandem coming in next season in Durfee (MA) High School's Curtis Cobb and Melrose (MA) High School's Jalen Adams. Both players are expected to repeat their sophomore seasons and reclassify to the class of 2015.
• Vermont Academy will get a lift from Merrimack transfer Dimitri Floras who will be repeating his junior season and reclassifying back to the class of 2014. Six-foot-seven four-man George Funtarov, from Kansas City Pump n’Run will join the team as a post-graduate.
• Cushing recently picked up a commitment from Exeter (NH) High School guard Matt Barr, who will be repeating his junior year and reclassifying back to 2014. The Penguins also have two frontcourt players committed from outside the region.
• Phillips Exeter Academy has four confirmed local products on the way. Berlin (NH) swingman Curtis Arsenault, Berwick Academy (ME) guard Harry Rafferty, and Governor’s Academy (MA) forward Duncan Robinson will all be coming in as post-graduates while Timberlane (NH) transfer Max Kirsch will be repeating his freshman season. California native Jordan Hill will also be joining the club as a post-graduate.
• Marianapolis Prep has a new backcourt on the way in Holy Cross (CT) High School’s Mike Mallory, who will be a post-graduate, and Trinity (NH) High School Travis Descoteaux, who will be in the class of 2014.
• Kimball Union Academy will add Crew Ainge, who will transfer from Wellesley (MA) High School and reclassify to the class of 2015.
• Worcester Academy will add Matt Mobley as a post-graduate next season following his graduation from St. Peter Marian (MA) High School. Mobley will join 6'5" swingman Matt Panaggio from Daytona, Florida and 6'8" big man Daryl Reynolds from Lower Merion High School in Pennsylvania.
• Putnam Science Academy will be adding some new talent next year including Mairega Clarke, a six-foot-five swingman from Holy Cross High School in New York, along with six-foot-eleven big man Ugur Hortum from Turkey. Another New York product, Joel Angus, will also be joining the team in the frontcourt.
• Salisbury School will add a frontcourt presence with Isaiah Robinson, who will reclassify to the class of 2014, and Evan Hole, who will be a post-graduate following his graduation from Portsmouth (RI).