New Englands Notable Performances
Player of the Week – Kyle Callanan, Mount Anthony Union High School
On Saturday, Mount Anthony defeated Hartford High School behind a 27 point, 6 assist performance from Callahan. The junior point guard continues to have a break out season as he is scoring the ball both off the dribble and with his jumper as well as running the show and creating for others.
• John Donnelly, CVU, 27 points (19 in first half) in 66-55 win over Spaulding
• Seth Rebeor, BFA-Fairfax, 39 points (25 in first half) in 99-39 win over Richford
• Brandon Bolton, Concord, 32 points in 81-61 win over Craftsbury
• Jason Gray, Thetford Academy, 29 points in 77-66 win over Montpelier
Player of the Week – Greg Langston, St. Joseph’s High School
The junior swingman had dominant performances in back to back games as he nailed five three-pointers and connected for a total of 37 points to help St. Joseph’s earn an FCIAC win over Danbury 82-70. A few days later he went off again as he scored 32 points in an 82-74 loss to Bassick.
• Chris Evans, Stamford, 22 points, 14 rebounds, 7 assists in 66-51 win over Fairfield Ludlowe to keep Stamford unbeaten at 10-0
• Vic Anderson, Wethersfield, 27 points and 13 rebounds in win over Conard
• Deshawn Hamlett, Bulkeley, 27 points in 85-71 upset victory over #2 Windsor
• John Pinone, Glastonbury, 25 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists in 65-50 win over Southington
• Jordan Williams, Torrington, 43 points in blow out win over Seymour
• K.C. Hoff, Career, New Haven Register player of week had 22 & 20 against Shelton and Branford a week earlier
Player of the Week – Jarell Byrd, Lynn Classical High School
The junior swingman had an absolutely incredible game as he dominated the game in virtually every areas while earning a virtually unheard of quadruple-double. Byrd had 18 points, 14 rebounds, 13 blocks, and 10 assists as he led his team to a victory.
• Ryan Canty, St. John’s Prep, Triple double of 12 points, 16 rebounds, and 10 blocks against Malden Catholic
• Peter Lynch, Westford, became the third player in school history to hit the 1000 point plateau
• T.J. Jann, Westford, 40 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists in 89-77 win over Newton South
• Greg Kelley, Newton North, 27 points, 12 rebounds in 63-54 win over Braintree
• P.J. Douglas, Braintree, 24 points in loss including NBA threes and tip dunk
• Ike Azotam, O’Bryant, 25 points and 14 rebounds in win over Wilbur Cross at BABC Prep Classic
• Bryan Hurley, Boston College, 17 points, 6 rebounds, 12 assists, plus no look lob to Jameel Galloway in 84-75 win over Catholic Memorial
• Keith Brown, Marlborough HS, 21 points and 5 steals in 75-45 win over Groton-Dunstable
• Pat Connaughton, St. John’s Prep, 34 points and 22 rebounds in 75-69 win
• Jasper Grassa, Lynn Classical, 24 points in win over Winthrop
• Geoff Woodberry, Newton North, 29 points and 2 free-throws to tie game in win over Milton
Player of the Week – Kevin Cabrera, Cranston East High School
Cranston East scored a huge win over previously undefeated Mount Pleasant. Four players scored in double figures but it was Cabrera who brought his game to the next level scoring 27 points and pulling down 10 rebounds on the night.
• Billy Baron, Bishop Hendricken, 24 points (5 threes) in 68-54 win over La Salle and 18 points in 61-48 win over East Providence
• Avery King, St. Raphael’s, 24 points in 71-64 loss to South Kingston and 30 points in 77-57 win over Chariho. 11 Three-pointers in both games
• Kyle Moreino, Rogers, 23 points, 3 three-pointers, in 70-60 win over West Warwick
• Jay Jeannotte, Narragansett, scored 21 points, had 10 rebounds, and great defensive effort in 55-37 win over Westerly
• Matt Chiccarelli, North Smithfield, game high 31 points in 65-58 win over Fatima
Co-Player of the Week – James Morse, Thornton Academy
The senior point guard was directly responsible for 50 of his team’s 83 points as he exploded for 19 points to help Thorton run past Bonny Eagle 83-59 Tuesday night. Morse also finished with 13 assists which led to another 31 points by his teammates.
Co-Player of the Week – Mick Distasio, Cheverus High School
He came to play when the lights were on the brightest as he scored 30 points, connected on three three-pointers, grabbed four rebounds, and handed out four assists as #1 Cheverus defeated #4 Westbrook 60-44.
• Mike Guerin, Thornton, primary recipient of Morse’s passes, totaling 25 points
• Eddie Bogdanovich, Portland, 23 points & 16 rebounds in 60-57 win over Deering
• Timmy Gross, Lubec, scored 30 points to top the 1000 mark in his career
• Matt Lee, South Portland, seven three-pointers and 23 points
• Keegan Hyland, South Portland, 30 points in first half, 34 in game
Player of the Week – Nicco DeMasco, Monadnock Regional High School
The senior big man couldn’t be stopped in the paint as he positioned himself for a number of close finishes and couldn’t be kept off the glass en route to a 24 point, 22 rebound performance as Monadnock held off Coe-Brown.
• Evan Smotrycz, New Hampton, 21 points in win against Lee Academy, 23 in win against MCI
• Bryan Johnson, Hollis/Brookline, 22 points in 62-55 win over Plymouth
• Jasmin Handanovic, Milford, 30 points & 14 rebounds in 63-59 win over Souhegan