New Englands Notable Performances
Player of the Week – Anthony Ireland, Crosby High School
The unsigned senior went for a career high 46 points last Friday night as Crosby scored 108 points and held Ansonia to 83. Ireland connected on 5 three-pointers, made all five of his free-throws, and showed a variety of moves from both the mid-range area and converting around the rim. Then five days later Ireland poured in another 37 points as Crosby scored a big win over Sacred Heart High school.
• Luke Matarazzo & C.J. Ruskay, Choate Rosemary Hall, Matarazzo made the game winning three-point play as time expired and Ruskay led all scorers with 22 in upset of Hotchkiss
• Dominique Langston, Kolbe Cathedral & Greg DeSantis, Notre Dame Fairfield, another classic battle as Langston had 34 and DeSantis 35. Kolbe won 81-71.
• Jeremi Johnson & Travis Godley, Putnam Science Academy, 24 points, 11 rebounds & 20 points, 6 three-pointers respectively in 61-58 win over PCD
• Heyden Palozej, Stafford, 30 points in 66-49 win over Ellington
• Danny Lawhorn, Hartford Public, 24 points & 8 assists in 73-60 win over East Hartford
• Uzoma Orchingwa, Northwest Catholic, 26 points & 11 rebounds in 71-50 win over Plainville
• Tyler Olander, E.O. Smith, 19 points & 15 rebounds in 57-52 win over New Britain
• Spencer Noon, Farmington, 31 points in 65-51 win over Maloney
• Jordan Williams, Torrington, 41 points against Woodland on Friday, then 42 points, 19 rebounds, and 6 blocks in 86-66 win over Ansonia on Monday
Player of the Week - Brett Bradford, Bangor Christian
He scored a whopping 53 points last Thursday night including 9 three-pointers and 16 made free-throws in a 78-76 win over Lee Academy. Then a few days later he scored his 1000th point as he had 17 in a 56-49 win over Searsport.
• Cody Gilboe, Forest Hills, 40 points (including the 1000th of his career) & 25 rebounds in 63-54 win over Greenville
• Gordon Fischer, Camden Hills, 21 points & 19 rebounds in 81-36 blow out of Lincoln Academy
• Matt Harvey, Fort Kent, 32 points & 5 three-pointers in 62-47 win over Van Buren
• John Murphy, Yarmouth, 25 points including three-pointer to force overtime in 62-59 win over Cape Elizabeth
• Ryan Leach, Hall-Dale, 32 points including a three-pointer at the buzzer to defeat Monmouth 65-62
• James Morse, Thornton Academy, 23 points and 6 assists on Friday night
• Chris Braley, Nokomis, freshman had 18 points, 15 rebounds, and 6 assists on Friday night in a 62-52 win over Biddefordand 19 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists in 84-52 win over Kennebunk on Tuesday
Player of the Week – Laliel Langston, Dorchester High School
He scored 27 points including 8 three-pointers in a 74-71 win over New Mission earlier in the week and then followed up on that by handing out an amazing 23 assists on Wednesday night as Dorchester defeated Hyde Park 108-56.
• Billy Marsden, Central Catholic, scored a game high 26 points in 50-43 win over Lowell
• Darius Carter, Dorchester, scored a career high 50 points in 108-56 win over Hyde Park
• Donald Celestin, Greater Lawrence, 27 points & 10 rebounds in win over Minuteman
• Jordan Smith, North Shore, earned his 4th triple double of the year with 19 points, 16 rebounds, and 14 blocks
• Doug Scott, Quincy, scored 27 points against Scituate to become the city’s all-time leading scorer
• Matt Gibson, Lexington Christian, 30 points, 8 assists and 5-5 three-pointers in 67-61 win over Concord Academy. 41 points, 7 assists against Concord
• Ryan Spencer, Franklin, averaged 19 points and 14 rebounds in wins over Attleboro and Sharon
• Austin Carroll, Worcester Academy, 28 points on Saturday against New Hampton
• Scott Anderson, Middlesex, 23 points (including his 1000th)and 14 rebounds in 54-36 win over Milton Academy
• Allen Harris, Catholic Memorial, 28 points and 12 rebounds in 72-69 win over Boston Latin
• Jordan Smith, North Shore, triple double of 19 points, 16 rebounds, and 14 blocks in 70-42 win over Mystic Valley
• Pat Connaughton, St. John’s Prep, 34 points and 20 rebounds in 71-65 win against Metheun
• Zach Hurynowicz, Burlington, 30 points against Reading and 18 points (including the game winner) against Melrose
Player of the Week – Jamie Zajac, Bishop Guertin
While he may not have played his best all around game, he was nearly perfect in the final 30 seconds of Bishop Guertin’s match-up over Alvirne. First, he converted at the free-throw line to tie the score with 23 seconds left, then, following an Alvirne turn-over, he went the entire length of the floor with his dribble before pulling up from 16 feet and knocking down the game winner.
• Alex Oriakhi, Tilton School, 26 points, 23 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks in 102-70 win over Holderness
• Gerard Coleman, Tilton School, 24 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists for Coleman in 102-70 win over Holderness.
• Devan Bailey, Brewster Academy, 10 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, in addition to holding Mike Marra to only 3 points in 92-66 win over Northfield Mount Hermon
• Josh Bartelstein, Phillips Exeter Academy, had 23 points in a 99-80 win over Hebron Academy on Saturday. Wednesday, he scored the first 10 points of the game forcing New Hampton to change their defense and deny him the ball and ended with 20 points & 8 assists in a 64-60 win.
• Josh Morgan, Campbell, 29 points in 64-43 win over Prospect Mountain
• Cole Etten, Hollis/Brookline, 20 points and 6 three-pointers in 61-37 win over Bedford
• Jasmin Handanovic, Milford, 19 points, 13 rebounds, 7 assists in 68-43 win over John Stark
• Zach Rolke, Wilton-Lyndeborough, 32 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists in 65-48 win over Portsmouth Christian
• George Tsourgranis, Portsmouth, 7 of game high 18 points came in last 4 minutes of 59-47 win over Monadnock
• Curtis Williams, Newmarket, 19 points including 13 in 4th quarter of 55-43 victory over Epping
Player of the Week – Mike Juarez, Cranston East
The senior shooting-guard scored a game high 20 points on Monday night to lead his team to a 71-51 win over Central High School. Juarez’ final bucket of the game made him the all time leading scorer in Cranston East High School history with 1359 career point.
• Malcolm Moniz, Shea, 26 points, 8 assists, 5 steals in 84-81 OT win over Pilgrim on Friday night. 26 points in 77-58 win over Ponaganset a few days later
• Kelvin Walker, Shea, game high 32 points including 11 in OT in win over Pilgrim
• Kevin Stenhouse, Pilgrim, 28 points & 17 rebounds in 79-63 win over Tollgate
• Anjuwon Spence, Moses Brown, 28 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks in 65-49 win over Burrillville
• Mike Palumbo, Classical, 27 points on 10-10 shooting from floor & 17 rebounds in 79-63 win over Scituate
• Billy Baron, Bishop Hendricken, 31 points in 66-54 win over North Kingstown
• Stephan Wehbay, Hope, 26 points, 3 three-pointers, 8 assists in 88-74 win over La Salle
• Jay Jeannotte, Narragansett, 19 points including buzzer beater to win 57-56 battle against Portsmouth
• Andrew Chrabascz, 26 points & 10 rebounds against Narragansett
• Ethan Smith, Cranston West, 33 points in 66-56 win over North Kingstown
Player of the Week – D.J. Campbell, Vermont Academy
The post-graduate led his team to a major upset last weekend as they Vermont Academy sent Cushing Academy home unhappy. Campbell was the best player on the floor, scoring a game high 31 points on a series of three-pointers and pull-up jumpers from the elbow.
• Gabe Nicasio, Vermont Academy, had 9 points but more importantly distributed the ball against pressure and held Tyler Strange in check on defensive end
• Kyle Callanan, Mt. Anthony Union, 14 points and 10 assists in 62-41 win over Burr & Burton
• James Hale, Burlington, had 20 points in win over Essex for Burlington’s 40th straight win
• Jon Goldberg, Rice, had 21 points in 64-38 win over CVU